Bridge Street Historic District
Las Vegas, New Mexico
Walking tour of Bridge Street includes the Anacito Baca Bldg., the Stern & Nahm Bldg., Winternitz Block , E. Romero Hose & Fire Co., 1st National Bank of Las Vegas, and Courtroom Bldg. In 1846, General Stephen W. Kearny's Army of the West camped on the hill to the E where New Mexico Highlands University campus now stands.
With the arrival of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad in 1879, downtown Las Vegas became more prosperous and new building materials arrived by rail. Hence, the use of red brick was introduced.
- View the Google Map for this site (lat-long decimal degrees, NAD27) 35.59333 -105.22436
- Citizen's Committee for Historic Preservation
- 127 Bridge Street
- P.O. Box 728
- Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Phone: (505)425-8803
- Fax: (505)425-7202